Note that PLOT command offers many, but not all, of the same capabilities as export and offers additional controls such as controls for Layers information, background colors of the output files and more.
The following commands allow you to quickly export your DWG file to other formats to share with others. They can use the predefined pagesetup of your Layout or Model tab for a quick method of plotting (you can also change the settings in the command). The links below expand on the items with practical applications direct from HELP found in LT:
- EXPORT command: Saves the objects in a drawing to a different file format (images, DGN, DWF, DWFX, and PDF).
- EXPORTDWF command: Creates a DWF file and allows you to set individual page setup overrides on a sheet by sheet basis.
- EXPORTDWFX command: Creates a DWFx file where you can set individual page setup overrides on a sheet-by-sheet basis.
- EXPORTPDF command: Creates a PDF file where you can set individual page setup overrides on a sheet-by-sheet basis.
- EXPORTSETTINGS command: Adjusts the page setup and drawing selection when exporting to a DWF, DWFx, or PDF file.
- JPGOUT command: Saves selected objects to a file in JPEG file format.
- PNGOUT command: Saves selected objects to a file in a Portable Network Graphics format. We would recommend this format over JPG, even for web use, as it is loss-less and better quality for a smaller file size.
- BMPOUT command: Saves selected objects to a file in device-independent bitmap format.
- TIFOUT command: Saves selected objects to a file in TIFF file format. If you need specific TIFF file formats, explore setting up a custom plotter with your desired setting using PLOTTERMANAGER command's Add-A-Plotter wizard to create the custom Raster driver option.
- RASTERDPI: Controls paper size and plot scaling when changing from dimensional to dimensionless output devices, or vice versa. The default 100dpi may not be ideal, so experiment and see what best works for you. Realize that the larger the DPI number the larger your resulting file will be: test and experiment before your deadline looms.
- -EXPORTTOAUTOCAD command: Creates a new DWG file with all AEC objects exploded. This a great tool when sending files to those still in much earlier AutoCAD/LT versions that cannot use or access any of those new entities found in current LT versions like MLeaders. It's also a great command to 'fix' files received from outside sources that don't seem to allow you to edit or handle objects in the file.
- EXPORTLAYOUT command: Creates a visual representation of the current layout in the model space of a new drawing. In short, you can only send that One Paperspace Layout in your very complex drawing file. It creates a stand-alone DWG file. Simply amazing.
- EXPORTEPLOTFORMAT: Sets the default electronic file output type: PDF, DWF, or DWFx.
- EXPORTMODELSPACE: Specifies what part of the drawing to export to a DWF, DWFx, or PDF file from Model space
- EXPORTPAPERSPACE: Specifies what part of the drawing to export to a DWF, DWFx, or PDF file from paper space.
- EXPORTPAGESETUP: Specifies whether to export to a DWF, DWFx, or PDF file with the current page setup.