- One of the best places to start of course is with HELP that is part of LT: with access available online for LT for Mac (2012 and 2013 can be accessed here), the User's Guide in each is a wealth of knowledge to kick off your search.
- Explore the Autodesk WikiHelp focused on LT (and AutoCAD) for MAC: lots of tips, tricks, customizations, user feedback and more at a website that continues to evolve.
- Preview the MAC interface in video format HERE, it's not the Windows interface but it is all Apple (reason you bought that AC after all).
- Use Gestures to Navigate a Drawing in LT for MAC: watch the VIDEO.
- Access Previously Used Commands
- Create a New or Open a Recent Drawing from the Dock
- Hide All Open Palettes
- Reset All Palettes to Default Size and Location
- Set the Default Save As Format
- Use a Raster Image for a Company Logo in a Drawing
- Accessing the AutoCAD for Mac PDFs on the Go: To learn how to do this, see the article 'Taking the AutoCAD for Mac PDFs on the Go with iBooks' on Beyond the UI by Lee Ambrosius.
- Orbiting with Magic Mouse and Trackpad: You can enable Orbit mode in a drawing while a command is active or not using Magic Mouse or the trackpad. To enter Orbit mode, press and hold Shift while doing one of the following: Swipe on Magic Mouse; or Two-finger swipe on the trackpad or Magic Trackpad.
- Explore the blog MacACAD for very focused AutoCAD for MAC (and LT for MAC) tips, news and reviews.
- Find what others are saying about AutoCAD LT for Mac on Twitter HERE.
- Prefer holding a book in your hand? Mastering AutoCAD for the Mac by George Omura and Richard (Rick) Graham is available at Amazon.com
Wednesday, August 8, 2012
AutoCAD LT for Mac: Tips
Whether you use LT on an Apple or MS Windows PC, finding fellow users and sharing tips with them s a goal many of us have in common.