- DIMANGULAR command can create angular dimensions larger than 180 degrees by manually selecting the Specify Vertex sub-option (select the intersection, then opposite ends of each of the two angle-lines).
- Two ways to convert splines to polylines:
- Run the WMFOUT command, enter a filename, then select the splines. Now erase the spline, and then run the WMFIN command. Use the upper left corner of the viewport as the insertion point, and then scale it 2X. The resulting entity is a POLYLINE.
- If you save a drawing as R12 DXF format, all splines will be converted to POLYLINE entities.
- TRIM command can be used on more than just Lines and Plines: trim around text objects, trim hatches back to a cutting plane, trim between Hatch-lines, trim an associative Dimension, and trim using a block's entities as cutting planes without exploding the block.
- Match Properties options:
MATCHPROP command Applies the properties of a selected object to other objects (using MATCHPROP on viewports transfers their visiblity, on/off, locking, and scale). Control what gets matched by using the Settings option for the command.
LAYMCH command Changes the layer of a selected object to match the destination layer.
- OSOPTIONS command controls whether Osnaps ignore or snap to Hatches.
- PROPERTIES and QUICKPROPERTIES commands can be used to Filter selections into object types.
- Create a Drawing with X,Y Coordinates from Microsoft Excel: tip HERE.
- DIMROTATED command Creates a rotated linear dimension: when you need your dimension string to be at a fixed angle instead of the limitation of DIMALIGNED command.
- ADCENTER command can be used to copy the following between drawing files (or from your template files): Dimension Styles, Layers, Layouts, Linetypes, Multi-Leader Styles, Table Styles and Text Styles.
- Do you have a folder full of blocks, and want them in a Tool Palette? Use ADCENTER command, browse to that folder, right-click and select CREAT TOOL PALETTE.
- Need a list of ALL the AutoCAD variables? Just type SETVAR [enter] then type ? [enter]. Enter once again to see the whole list.
- Transparent commands enable you to make changes or get information without exiting the current command. These are: ABOUT, ADCENTER, ADCLOSE, APERTURE, ATTDISP, BASE, CAL, COLOR, DIMSTYLE, DIST, DRAGMODE, ELEV, FILL, FILTER, GRAPHSCR, GRID, HELP, ID, LAYER, LIMITS, LINETYPE, LWEIGHT, MATCHPROP, OBJECTSCALE, OSNAP, PAN, QTEXT, REDRAW, REDRAWALL, SCALELISTEDIT, SCRIPT, SETVAR, SNAP, SPELL, STYLE, UNITS, and ZOOM. Just add an ' in front of the name if you type it, or click on the appropriate menu or Ribbon icon.