To use this ability, you first need to set up a Raster File plotter, then PLOT to that format. Setup is as follows:
- Choose File > Plotter Manager.
- Choose 'Add-A-Plotter Wizard'.
- Choose Next, then Next again (accepting My Computer).
- Under Manufacturers, choose 'Raster File Formats'.
- Under Models, choose the raster file format you need.
- Choose Next until the Finish button becomes available. Note that some additional options exist to set if you so desire, including the ability to control the raster file background color.
Now start PLOT command, select the plotter you just create, and use any or all of PLOT command's options and features to create your custom raster file.
Click HERE for Autodesk's topic "Understanding dpi resolution with the Raster File Formats HDI plotter driver".◦