- AutoCorrect. If you mistype a command, instead responding with “Unknown command”, AutoCAD/LT autocorrects to the most relevant and valid AutoCAD command. For example, if you accidently type TABEL, the TABLE command is automatically launched.
- AutoComplete command entry is enhanced to support mid‐string search. For example, ifyou type SETTING on the Command line, the suggestion list displays commands containing the word SETTING anywhere within it, not just at the beginning.
- Adaptive Suggestion: As you continue to use AutoCAD/LT, the order of commands in the suggestion list will adapt to your own usage habits. The command usage data is stored in the profile and adapts to each user.
- The Command line now has a built in synonym list. Enter a word at the command line and it will return a command if a match is found in the synonym list. For example, if you enter Symbol, AutoCAD finds the INSERT command so you can insert a block. Or if you enter Round, AutoCAD finds the FILLET command so you can add a fillet to a corner. And YES, you can add your own words to the AutoCorrect and Synonym lists using the Edit Aliases tool from the Manage ribbon tab.
- You can quickly search for more information on a command or system variable in the suggestion list in an Internet Search. Move the cursor over the command or system variable in the list and choose the Help or Internet icons to search for relevant information.
- You can use the command line to access layers, blocks, hatch patterns/gradients, text styles, dimension styles and visual styles. For example, if you enter Door at the command line and the current drawing has a block definition with the name Door, you can quickly insert it right from the suggestion list.
- To make the suggestion list easier to navigate, system variables and other content are organized into expandable categories. You can expand a category to see the results or press the Tab key to cycle through each category.
- You can customize the behavior of the command line using controls in the Input Settings menu when you right‐click on the command line. In addition to the previous options to enable AutoComplete and search for system variables, you can enable AutoCorrect, search content and mid‐string search. All of these options are turned on by default. Yes, that does mean you need to use that right-click mouse button for more than
- Much of the new command line functionality including AutoCorrect, mid-string search, and adaptive suggestions is also available using dynamic input.
Tuesday, March 26, 2013
LT2014's Command Line: it's here to stay.
The New Command Line interface, docked or floating, has been enhanced in AutoCAD/LT 2014 to provide easier, more efficient access to commands, system variables and to find other content such as blocks, hatch patterns, visual styles, and Internet help if needed.